What is DESIGNER?
Versatile application offering a range of CAD capabilities for smarter manufacturing
DESIGNER is Hexagon’s CAD application for smarter manufacturing, providing a variety of solid, surface, sheet metal modelling capabilities, creation of 2D drawings, electrode design, design automation, through macros and scripting, and a link to Hexagon CAM software and reverse engineering functionalities.
DESIGNER liberates users from the constraints of previous methods of creation to give users complete creative freedom. DESIGNER offers a wide range of features and capabilities to help users optimise products more efficiently.
More powerful design
DESIGNER’s sophisticated capabilities remove the time and effort of manual processes with more automated, streamlined approaches to CAD.
- Direct modelling – frees the designer from the constraints of a traditional, history-based modelling system
- Geometry for manufacturing – DESIGNER provides a host of geometry creation techniques that are critical for model preparation
- Model repair – gaps in imported models are automatically healed, preventing manual time-consuming healing processes.
- Feature suppression – supressing these unrequired features or separating them for subsequent operations is just a mouse click away.
- Model simplification – Creating model variations for each stage of the process becomes simple and the machining results are fast and of higher quality.
- Advanced surfacing – DESIGNER’s surfaces module enables the creation and manipulation of complex, freeform surfaces such as lofted, helical, swept and tangential surfaces.
- Powerful sketching – DESIGNER’s sketching abilities allow the creation of two-dimensional shapes using freeform input.
More intuitive design
DESIGNER gives users confidence, speed and a stress-free approach design with its simplicity and usability.
- Intuitive interface
- Help tools and documentation
- Streamlined navigation
- Easily configurable
- Simplified review and creation of designs
More versatile design
DESIGNER’s versatility enables users to design a greater range of products more effectively and efficiently from a manufacturing point of view.
- Sheet metal – DESIGNER’s dedicated sheet metal module delivers powerful functionalities that enable parts to be redesigned from solid or surface models to sheet metal parts, ready for manufacturing.
- 2D to 3D – DESIGNER supports the import of 2D data such as DXF and DWG files. These can be quickly and efficiently converted into manufacturable 3D models.
- Electrode design – The combination of the streamlined electrode functionality, easy-to-use direct modelling commands and powerful surfacing and healing tools means electrodes can be extracted quickly from imported models.
- DESIGNER also offers streamlined links to a range of Hexagon CAM software and can import data from a wide variety of exchange formats.
Kom igång med DESIGNER genom att kolla på några videos!
Kolla på de senaste videos om Designer här!